Let’s face it, cleaning is often the last thing we want to do after a long day at work or in our free time on weekends. With summer weather in full swing still, residents of the White Oak Apartment Communities have so many resources and amenities to keep busy. Each offers a swimming pool, proximity to local parks, and nearby by dining and entertainment. When exploring the neighborhood has maxed out your ability to procrastinate it is time to get cleaning. From your refrigerator to the shower, here are some easy hacks, tricks, and hints for tidying up your apartment:
- Smelly fridge: Combat a musty smelling fridge by leaving an open box of baking soda on one of the shelves. It will help absorb odors. Replace with a new box every few months.
- Stubborn throw rug stains: Steam away stains on your throw rug with white vinegar, water, a spray bottle, a rag, and an iron. Using one part vinegar with two parts water, spray the stain. Lay a damp rag over the spot. Lastly, using the steam setting, place the hot iron on the rag for about 30 seconds.
- Gross and gunky microwave: Slice up a lemon and place it in a microwavable bowl filled with water. Heat until the water boils, stop it, and let the bowl sit for a couple of minutes. When you open the door there will be steam and the caked on gunk will be much easier to scrub away.
- Pet hair nightmare: The communities of Vista at White Oak, Yorkshire Apartment Homes, and Montgomery Paint Branch are pet-friendly. While we love our furry friends, no one loves getting up from the couch coated in fur. Dampen the outside of a rubber kitchen glove and run it over your pet’s hair on the coach. You can then rinse off the glove and use it again next week!
- Crusty showerhead: Beat hard water buildup by filling a plastic sandwich bag three-quarters of the way with distilled vinegar. Stick the open end of the bag around the showerhead and secure with a rubber band. Let it soak overnight.
Remember to contact your leasing office for any service requests or for any assistance with maintenance in your apartment. With these hacks, your apartment will be squeaky-clean in no time! You’ll be able to sit back, relax, and enjoy the rest of your day without having to worry about other chores like landscaping.
The White Oak communities are professionally managed by Grady Management, Inc. Learn more about Grady Management on the official website or Facebook page. While all White Oak communities are located close to Silver Spring, they each provide their own unique and quality apartment features and community amenities to fit the specific needs of the resident and provide the best of the best in apartment living.