Nestled just north of Washington, D.C., Silver Spring is a lovely suburb in Montgomery County, Maryland. With a host of fun indoor and outdoor activities throughout the year, it is a great place to call home. Whether you’re seeking to shop until you drop or go for a casual stroll in a park here is a list of 10 things to do in Silver Spring, MD:
- National Museum of Health and Medicine: The NMHM curates the science and history of medicine with a particular emphasis on the United States military medicine. Since 1862, the museum has offered an extensive collection of medical knowledge and engaging exhibits.
- Silver Spring Stage: With over 50 seasons under its belt, the Silver Spring Stage provides entertaining and thought-provoking community theater. Embrace your inner thespian and take in a show!
- Sligo Creek Trail: Enjoy the outdoors on the asphalt trail, perfect for hiking, biking, and rollerblading. Enjoy the 10.2-mile long trail that winds through parks, schools, and neighborhoods.
- The Fillmore: The spacious concert venue contains numerous bars and is known for hosting notable music artists and other acts. A night out at The Fillmore is sure to be one for the books!
- Great Shoals Winery: Delight your taste buds with wines and ciders crafted with locally grown produce. They offer a tasting room, a wine club, and space for private ends. No need to fly to Napa Valley for superb adult beverages!
- Cultural Arts Center: Immerse yourself in other cultures through the cross-culture programming provided by the Cultural Arts Center at Montgomery College Takoma Park/Silver Spring. A variety of events and performances are offered throughout the year, and tickets are available to the public.
- Downtown Silver Spring: From the most popular clothing retailers to salons, dining, and beyond, a trip to Downtown Silver Spring covers all the bases of your shopping and entertainment needs. Free wifi and beautiful public art are a bonus!
- Color Me Mine: Located within Downtown Silver Spring, Color Me Mine provides packed monthly calendars of kids and adults ceramic painting events during the day and at night. Embrace your inner artist and leave with a beautiful piece of work.
- The HBCU Museum: The Historically Black Colleges and Universities Museum celebrates the achievements of graduates and raises money for scholarships. History, memories, and photographs line the walls and offer visitors a detailed look at the legacies of the educational institutions.
- Woodside Urban Park: Get outdoors and play at Woodside’s playground, skate park, tennis courts, and basketball court. The wide array of park amenities is sure to please those seeking to have some fun!
With all the fun things to do in Silver Spring, MD it is a great place to call home. For those seeking apartment-style living, explore the White Oak communities. Vista at White Oak, Yorkshire, Montgomery White Oak, and Montgomery Paint Branch are all conveniently located to parks, shopping, attractions, and more. Welcome home!
The White Oak communities are professionally managed by Grady Management, Inc. Learn more about Grady Management on the official website or Facebook page. While all White Oak communities are located close to Silver Spring, they each provide their own unique and quality apartment features and community amenities to fit the specific needs of the resident and provide the best of the best in apartment living.