Each of our White Oak Communities allows pets for a paw-esome lifestyle. Vista at White Oak, Montgomery White Oak, and Montgomery at Paint Branch all allow cats and small dogs. Yorkshire Apartments welcomes your feline friend.
Recent news reported that dogs owners live longer as the companionship leads to a healthier lifestyle. Pets have been known to help with depression and anxiety as well.
A big yard isn’t needed to keep a dog happy. There are many exercises and activities to help your dog stay entertained while living in an apartment. Our White Oak Communities offer walking paths and open fields which are perfect for your pups to get out and play.
For a more social experience, Yelp offers a list of the Top 10 Dog Parks in Silver Spring.
To stay connected with your fur-babies during the day, the Furbo Camera works via a phone app and will dispense a treat to your very good boy or girl. You may also set up home surveillance equipment to see what he is up to throughout the day. Some systems have sound, so you can tell him to “get off the couch” if need be.
Like to bake? Homemade treats are a healthy, fun way to show your love. They make great gifts, too, for the other canines and felines in your life. Making homemade toys is also a crafty way to spend the colder winter months.
Don’t have a pet? The Montgomery County Animal Services and Adoption Center has many looking for a home. Check them out to adopt your new best friend and help make your apartment feel like a home.
February brings a month of festive fun, as well as cultural events! We’ve put together a list of the most notable dates in the month so that you won’t miss any of the fun! Continue reading “February Fun!”
5 New Year Decluttering Tips
In her best-selling book, Marie Kondo advises how to “spark joy” in your life through the art of tidying up. Her technique has helped millions de-clutter their homes and lives. Here are a few of her tips. You can read more about her “The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up” here.
- Clean out your cabinets by taking out all plastic ware and make sure each piece has a lid. If not, recycle. Organize your shelves by keeping the lids all in one place and the bottom pieces nested by size. Recycle any pieces that are worn or peeling.
- Consider your linens. If you have a duvet cover on your comforter, do you need a top sheet for each set of sheets? Are all your towels needed and in the best condition? A local animal shelter, such as the Montgomery County Humane Society, would love the donation of your unneeded items.
- Unused toiletries from hotels taking up space in your bathroom are perfect donations to shelters such as the Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless.
- Yes, books are a great way to decorate a room but if they’re only collecting dust perhaps they’re better off as a donation to your local library. The White Oak Library on New Hampshire Avenue is currently under an exciting renovation and expected to open early 2018.
- Time to tackle the closet. Sentimental t-shirts can be made into a quilt. Clothes in good condition can be sold online or in local consignment shops. And several charities will come and pick up your donations such as the Salvation Army.
Excessive clutter can add stress to already hectic lifestyles. The key is for everything to have its place, and to tidy as you go. Living in an apartment in the White Oak Communities provides ample storage and closet space, but do not let that be a reason to clutter up your life!
Upcoming Wintertime Events in Montgomery County
Some of the best things about living at the White Oak Communities are the excellent Montgomery County location and the amazing events planned for the holiday season. Running until January 1, 2018, the Garden of Lights at Brookside Gardens features over one million lights shaped into different winter themes.
Bethesda Row is offering Pet Photos with Santa on Saturday, December 9th from 12PM – 4PM for your 4-legged friend. Satisfy your sweet tooth at the Holiday Cookie Decorating Party on December 16th at 1PM at the Seneca State Park in Gaithersburg. This free event provides the cookies, icing, decorations, and fun, you bring your decorating skills.
Bethesda Row hosts a Menorah Lighting Ceremony on December 17th, the 5th night of Hanukkah. This event is free and starts at 5PM. Downtown Silver Spring features a Holly TrolleyFest the month of December at the National Capital Trolley Museum. Visitors can take a ride with Santa through Northwest Branch Park while learning about the role of streetcars throughout history.
All events are within 20 miles of the White Oak Community neighborhood with easy access to transportation. The Vista at White Oak Apartments, Yorkshire Apartment Homes, Montgomery White Oak Apartments, and Montgomery Paint Branch Apartments all offer innovative floorplans at the perfect location. Just off the intersection of 29 and New Hampshire Avenue, these apartments bring the convenience of city living to the space of the suburbs. Bring in the new year at your new apartment in White Oak.
The White Oak communities are professionally managed by Grady Management, Inc. Learn more about Grady Management on the official website or Facebook page. While all White Oak communities are located close to Silver Spring, they each provide their own unique and quality apartment features and community amenities to fit the specific needs of our residents and provide the best of the best in apartment living.
How to Move with a Pet
Moving can be stressful for anyone, there’s so much to do and so little time. It’s especially stressful on your pets. At Grady Management, we want to make sure all your feline friends move in with as little stress as possible! Here is a quick moving checklist to help you and your furry friend have a smooth move: Continue reading “Moving Checklist For Pets”